1) Provide workshops on life topics. Workshops offered but no limited to:
2) Goal setting, study skills, college selection/admission, financial/scholarships, financial literacy, personal well-bring, anti-bullying, leadership, life skills, legislative understanding, test taking.
3) Provide fee waivers for college applications and sat/act testing.
4) Provide resources for your college/career planning.
5) Assist with completed of financial aid applications.
6) Assist with researching and completing scholarship applications.
7) Provide opportunities and experiences such as college camps.
8) Provide opportunities for community projects.
9) Provide campus visits to colleges to learn firsthand the college offerings.
10) Provide trips to culture/social, sporting, recreational events to promote social skills and self-esteem.
11) Provide a college night once a year that includes college representatives and valuable information.
12) Provide a career exploration event of student career interested.
13) Provide a Virginia 529, Soar Virginia scholarships to those students who meet that programs eligibility.
14) Provide one-on-one counseling when requested.
15) Provide guidance and skills to handle life as a college student.
16) Provide parents/guardians with information about the program and activities.
17) Provide transportation for all activities such as colleges, activities, events.
18) Provide meals, activity cost, and accommodation at no cost.
19) Provide bonus trip scheduled by project discovery staff, if one is offered and funding available.
20) Provide resource for tutoring.
21) Provide a certificate of recognition upon completion of Project Discovery program requirements.
22) Provide all services at no cost to the student or family.